Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs are sure to become a staple in your weeknight routine. Not only are they nutritious and full of incredible flavor, these meatballs come together in minutes. Sweet pineapple and tangy teriyaki infuses the chicken meatballs with incredible flavor that the entire family will love.
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
Make it a Meal!
A Japanese-Hawaiian-Italian fusion meal if I’ve ever seen one! Combining incredible hallmarks of each cuisine to make one show-stopping dish
- Perfect Instant Pot Rice – Rice with this dish is a MUST
- Green Bean and Mushroom Saute – Green beans and mushrooms please!
- Whiskey Sour Shooters – A sour drink for a tangy dish
- Ginger Ale Coolers – Refreshing and nourishing cocktail to pair
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes – More tang please!
- Mango Coconut Ice Cream Bars – Sweet and creamy and oh-so delicious
How To: Make Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
A good meatball recipe is worth pure gold! Once you have a reliable foundation, you can tweak and customize it to fit any cuisine or tastes of your liking.
Chicken meatballs are one of my new favorite weeknight meals, and it’s been so enjoyable taste-testing different versions to fit our cravings for that night. Who doesn’t love a good meatball??
These Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs are lean yet juicy, with a little tang from the pineapple and sauce. They are the perfect Asian-infused twist on an Italian staple. What a combo!
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Step 2: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, soy sauce, pineapple, red onion, breadcrumbs, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Be careful not to overwork the meat (I prefer to mix with my hands).
- Step 3: Grease a sheet pan or mini muffin pan. Form the mixture into balls, about 2 tbsp each.
- Step 4: Bake until the largest meatball reaches an internal temperature of 165°, about 16-18 minutes.
- Step 5: While the meatballs cool, heat the teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice, and cornstarch in a pan over medium heat until thickened.
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup crushed pineapple drained
- ¼ cup red onion chopped finely
- ¼ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- ⅓ cup crushed pineapple with juices
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients together in a bowl.
- Portion out the mixture, about 2 tbsp at a time. Roll into balls and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While the meatballs cool, prepare the sauce. Heat teriyaki sauce, pineapple, and cornstarch over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Serve with rice and steamed green beans. Enjoy!
Have you ever made chicken meatballs? They are so delicious in their own way and paired with the pineapple…*chef’s kiss*