Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs are sure to become a staple in your weeknight routine. Not only are they nutritious and full of incredible flavor, these meatballs come together in minutes. Sweet pineapple and tangy teriyaki infuses the chicken meatballs with incredible flavor that the entire family will love.
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
Make it a Meal!
A Japanese-Hawaiian-Italian fusion meal if I’ve ever seen one! Combining incredible hallmarks of each cuisine to make one show-stopping dish
- Perfect Instant Pot Rice – Rice with this dish is a MUST
- Green Bean and Mushroom Saute – Green beans and mushrooms please!
- Whiskey Sour Shooters – A sour drink for a tangy dish
- Ginger Ale Coolers – Refreshing and nourishing cocktail to pair
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes – More tang please!
- Mango Coconut Ice Cream Bars – Sweet and creamy and oh-so delicious
How To: Make Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
A good meatball recipe is worth pure gold! Once you have a reliable foundation, you can tweak and customize it to fit any cuisine or tastes of your liking.
Chicken meatballs are one of my new favorite weeknight meals, and it’s been so enjoyable taste-testing different versions to fit our cravings for that night. Who doesn’t love a good meatball??
These Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs are lean yet juicy, with a little tang from the pineapple and sauce. They are the perfect Asian-infused twist on an Italian staple. What a combo!
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Step 2: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, soy sauce, pineapple, red onion, breadcrumbs, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Be careful not to overwork the meat (I prefer to mix with my hands).
- Step 3: Grease a sheet pan or mini muffin pan. Form the mixture into balls, about 2 tbsp each.
- Step 4: Bake until the largest meatball reaches an internal temperature of 165°, about 16-18 minutes.
- Step 5: While the meatballs cool, heat the teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice, and cornstarch in a pan over medium heat until thickened.
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup crushed pineapple drained
- ¼ cup red onion chopped finely
- ¼ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- ⅓ cup crushed pineapple with juices
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients together in a bowl.
- Portion out the mixture, about 2 tbsp at a time. Roll into balls and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While the meatballs cool, prepare the sauce. Heat teriyaki sauce, pineapple, and cornstarch over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Serve with rice and steamed green beans. Enjoy!
Have you ever made chicken meatballs? They are so delicious in their own way and paired with the pineapple…*chef’s kiss*
19 thoughts on “Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs”
Love this dish! Thank you for sharing your recipe. I’m watering now 😋
Ooo these sound so different to anything I’ve ever tried before and it intrigues me! I love the look of these meatballs, they really catch your eye and make my mouth water. I’ll defiantly have to try these with my family, thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us lovely. It looks delish! Xo
Elle – ellegracedeveson.com
These meatballs look lovely and I like the addition of pineapple to this recipe! x
Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk
This sounds absolutely delicious! I’ve saved the recipe and can’t wait to try it out.
This looks and sounds amazing! Honestly, top tier dinner! I would love to have the skills to cook this, but I burn toast!
My partner loves anything teriyaki lol. So we’ll definitely have to try this! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Um, wow! This looks so delicious. I love adding pineapple into dishes – it really adds a sweet boost of flavor. Thank you so much for sharing!
Amazing dish and I cannot make it fast enough for my family. They love it! Thank you.
This is exactly the kind of recipe I know my whole family will enjoy!
this would be a fun meatball sub recreation.
Wow… meatballs and pineapple. This must have tasted awesome-licious! Thank you for sharing.
So glad I found this recipe I was looking for a unique less classic meatball and I found it! Thanks for this recipe I’m so glad!
These Pineapple Teriyaki chicken meatballs sound delicious! I love pineapple, teriyaki and chicken, so this should be the perfect meal for me.
I love how you have included other food and drink items which will combine well with this dish. I like all the ingredients for this dish as well, which is surprising for me.
This is 100% a dish I need to try; thank you for sharing. 😊
Omg! This is divine. I want to eat that entire pot myself😍
Wow! that sounds like a delicious combination of different flavors I bet the pineapple really brings out the flavor in the meatballs! yum!! will have to try this thank you 🙂
This is such a great dinner!
Love these chicken meatballs are amazing!
Lovely looking dish. I love your succinctly written step-by-step guide, might try it for my anniversary. Thanks for sharing.
Wow this pineapple teriyaki is an abundance of flavour!!