Instant Pot Sun Dried Tomato Pasta is defined by its ease and the depth of its rich Italian flavors. Dump the ingredients in the pot, set to cook, and let the Instant Pot do all the work. Pair with some garlic bread for a restaurant-quality meal!
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
This recipe is Week 8 of our new “What’s For Dinner?” meal series, consisting of weeks of delicious and fun meals for busy weeknights. Check back each week for inspiration to help you decide what’s for dinner!
Make it a Meal!
Pair this picture-perfect pasta paired with wine, veggies, and, of course, a little dessert!
- Raspberry Red Wine Spritzer – Pasta is meant to be enjoyed with a little wine
- Crispy Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli – You can’t go wrong with a side of tasty veggies!
- Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip – Start off your meal with a course of fresh bread and this zesty dip
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies – Chocolate is a must after Italian food, and these cookies do the trick
- Very Berry No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream – Pasta and ice cream may very well be my favorite meal on the planet
How To: Make Instant Pot Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
Instant pot sun dried tomato pasta is as pleasant and simple as it sounds.
I used to be wary about these “dump and go” kind of recipes, but this one truly shocked me at how delicious it was. It honestly is just as good as when made on the stovetop! (Trust me, I’ve tried)
Grab your instant pot and pour in all the ingredients except spinach. cream cheese, and fresh basil. Stir and then close the lid.
Set the valve to the sealing position and pressure cook for 5 minutes. Then quick release by venting the valve.
Stir in spinach and cream cheese until combined. The sauce will be very runny, but as it sits and warms the cream cheese it will begin to thicken. After 15 minutes if it’s not as thick as you liked, you can add more cream cheese or a cornstarch slurry.
Serve and garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- 2 cups broth
- ½ cup water
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 8 oz sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 oz spinach `
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- fresh basil to garnish
- Add broth, water, pasta, sun dried tomatoes, oregano, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper to the instant pot.
- Close the lid and set the valve to “Sealing.” Set to Manual/High Pressure for 5 minutes. When done, turn the valve to “Venting” and allow to quick release.
- Stir in spinach and cream cheese. The sauce will be runny but will thicken after 10-15 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Have you ever made pasta in the instant pot? How did it turn out? I can’t wait to try more pasta dishes after the success of this one!