Minty White Hot Chocolate is a fresh twist on a timeless cold-weather treat. Smooth white chocolate and crisp hints of mint elevate this sugary elixir to the next level. Best served on a cold winter night or after a fun afternoon in the snow!
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
Hot, Hot – Oh, We Got It!
Every time I serve hot chocolate I can’t help but think of the Hot Chocolate song from Polar Express! It’s catchy and is guaranteed to be stuck in your head for hours 🙂
Snow days call for hot chocolate, and after our first snow day of the year I whipped up this homemade Minty White Hot Chocolate and it was a hit!
Store-bought hot chocolate gets it done quickly and effortlessly, but if you ask me, homemade hot chocolate is so much more rich and satisfying.
The first homemade cocoa recipe I tried used cocoa powder, chocolate bits, sugar and more! It was heaven in a cup.
Since I’ve discovered just how easy it is to make at home, it will be hard to go back to the store bought packets!.
I hope that you now have the Hot Chocolate song in your head and are inspired to make this yummy treat!
Make it a Meal!
The beauty of Minty White Hot Chocolate is it can be enjoyed as a drink AND a dessert. Here are some sweet dishes that would shine alongside it.
- 3-Ingredient Whipped Cream – A quick, easy recipe that is light, airy, and oh-so fluffy
- Thin Mint Chocolate Truffles – Beloved Girl Scout cookies transformed into an even tastier treat with melted chocolate and cream cheese
- Peppermint Double Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – Layer on the minty goodness with these fudgy peppermint crinkle cookies
How to: Make Minty White Hot Chocolate
Minty White Hot Chocolate is an easy drink to whip up after a fun-filled day out in the snow!
With only 4 ingredients, you’ll have a hot pot of this luscious drink ready on your stovetop in minutes. It doesn’t get any easier than this, folks!
In a cooking pot over medium heat, simmer heavy cream, milk, and mint extract. Stir regularly to keep the milk from burning.
After about 5 minutes you should have a gentle simmer. You want the drink warm but not too hot to drink. The ideal temperature is around 150°F for kiddos and 175° for adults for a hotter drink.
Once simmering, add in the white chocolate melts and stir until they are fully incorporated. Remove from heat.
Pour the minty white hot chocolate into individual glasses and top with whipped cream, mint chocolate pieces, and marshmallows for an extra special treat!
Minty White Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tsp mint extract
- 12 oz white chocolate melts
- whipped cream, chopped mint chocolate (optional)
- In a cooking pot, heat heavy cream, milk, and mint extract over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add white chocolate melts and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Pour into individual glasses for serving and top with whipped cream or mint chocolate pieces.
Don’t you just love hot chocolate?? I want to hear about all your favorite variations on this sweet, timeless drink. Share below!