Tropical Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl is as delicious as it is vibrant. Customize with your favorite fruit and toppings and enjoy this smoothie bowl for a filling snack or nutritious meal.
This recipe is Week 1 of our new “What’s For Dinner?” meal series, consisting of 10 weeks of delicious and fun meals for busy weeknights. Check back each week for inspiration to help you decide what’s for dinner!
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
You May Also Like…
For other fruit-filled dishes, check out these tasty and nutrient rich recipes!
- Fresh Citrus Summer Salad – All fruit, all the love
- Blueberry Salsa – Mixing up the fruit with some savory ingredients that blow you away
- Strawberry Dessert Nachos – Life is all about balance – these dessert nachos topped with freshly picked strawberries
How to: Make Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
If you blink, you may miss it. These dragon fruit smoothie bowls are classic dump recipes – throw it all in and that’s IT!
Blenders work great but I’ve found that food processors work even better to handle chopping all these frozen fruits into a perfectly drinkable mix.
Add the dragon fruit, mango, kiwi, blueberries, and milk to the food processor and mix until well blended.
Pour into your bowl and enjoy plain or spruce it up with endless toppings! Fresh fruit, sliced nuts, and coconut are some of my favorite ways to finish off this bowl. For added protein, spread a few tablespoons of your favorite nut butter
There are a few swaps you can do to make this smoothie bowl your own.
- Use other fruit you have available to complement the dragon fruit
- If using fresh fruit, add a cup of ice
- To get that iconic pink dragon fruit color, use frozen fruit and not fresh
Tropical Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups dragon fruit (pitaya) frozen
- 1 mango frozen
- 1 kiwi frozen
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- Various toppings – shredded coconut, almond slivers, nut butters, etc.
- Add all ingredients to the blender or food processor and blend until smooth. For a thinner consistency, add more milk. For a thicker consistency, add more ice.
- Scoop into bowls and finish with toppings of your choice or enjoy plain.
Have you ever had dragon fruit before? It is such a delicious food and that brilliant color is incredible!