Instant Pot Cabbage Rolls Unstuffed is a quick and fresh take on a beloved dish. Chop up those cabbage leaves and cook in a rich meaty, tomato sauce for a dinner bowl that will rock. your. world! Your family will enjoy this Irish infused meal on St. Patrick’s Day or all year long.
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
This recipe is Week 4 of our new “What’s For Dinner?” meal series, consisting of 10 weeks of delicious and fun meals for busy weeknights. Check back each week for inspiration to help you decide what’s for dinner!
Make it a Meal!
This hearty dish can surely stand on its own, but why not make it even better with these delectable finds!
- Minty White Hot Chocolate – Throw some Guinness in here and call it a day!
- Homemade Cornbread Without Cornmeal – A comforting meal like this requires bread to be served with it
- Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts – Increase your veggie intake with a side of hot and crisp brussels
- Thin Mint Chocolate Truffles – Pair this traditional Irish dish with a bright green dessert that’s perfect for St. Patty’s Day
- Mixed Berry Cast Iron Cobbler – When I think comfort, I think cobbler!
How to: Make Instant Pot Cabbage Rolls Unstuffed
Combine the warmth of cabbage rolls with hassle-free cooking and you have unstuffed Instant Pot Cabbage Rolls! The instant pot is simple perfect for some meals and this is certainly one of them.
First, set the Instant Pot to Saute and cook onions and carrots in olive oil until soft. Add the mushrooms for a minute or two at the end.
Add the ground meat and season with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Continue cooking until no pink remains.
Pour in the tomato sauce and beef broth, give it a good stir, and seal. Pressure Cook for 15 minutes then quick release.
Add the cabbage to the instant pot and Pressure Cook for another 5 minutes. Quick release and stir in cooked rice. Top with green onions and serve right away!
Instant Pot Cabbage Rolls Unstuffed
- 1 onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 tbsp oilive oil
- 6 oz mushrooms sliced thin
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp thyme
- ½ tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 small head of cabbage roughly chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- green onions to garnish
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute function. Add onions, carrots and olive oil and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Carefully add the ground turkey to the pot and stir. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Cook until no longer pink.
- Turn off the Saute function and pour in the tomato sauce and beef broth. Close the lid and Pressure Cook for 15 minutes.
- Quick release the Instant Pot and add in the cabbage. Cook for an additional 5 minutes and then quick release.
- Stir in cooked rice, top with green onions, and serve right away.
Have you ever tried unstuffed rolls? Next on my list is deconstructed egg rolls!
No post found!