Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes are fun-sized breakfast treats that do not skimp on flavor! Fluffy, egg-based pancakes are topped with a mixed berry compote and a dusting of powdered sugar. Watch the Dutch Baby Pancakes rise to new heights as they cook and wow your family and friends!
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
Make it a Meal!
Brunch is not complete without some breakfast potatoes and a little coffee. If sweet is more your thing, try a muffin or a smoothie!
- Crispy Skillet Potatoes – Classic savory side that never disappoints
- Gluten-Free Morning Glory Muffins – Sweet but hearty!
- Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino – Just in time for spooky season
- Mango Pineapple Breakfast Smoothie – I literally drink one every day
How To: Make Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes
The first time I made a dutch baby pancake my mind was blown that it reached such great heights!
The egg in the hot pan really creates a delightful dish that you can ooh and aah over.
After several dutch babies have blossomed in my oven, I wanted to try minis for an individualized brunch treat! I envision a mini dutch baby bar with tons of toppings consisting of all things sweet and savory, and allowing each person to craft their own
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 425° F. The key to the pancakes rising is a hot pan. Place the muffin pan in the oven as it is preheating to get it nice and hot. Use a honeycomb muffin pan for less spills and more fun.
- Step 2: In a small pan, start the mixed berry compote over medium heat. Add mixed berries, lemon juice, and sugar and bring to a simmer. Then reduce the heat to low.
- Step 3: Add all the dutch baby ingredients to a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Most recipes call for blending the ingredients but I never like to dirty my blender unnecessarily and have never had any issues.
- Step 4: When the oven is heated, remove the pan and spray generously with avocado oil. Butter or coconut oil can be used. Ensure the sides are not overlooked.
- Step 5: Pour the batter into the molds and cook for 16-18 minutes or until the pancakes are golden brown. Top with mixed berry compote and powdered sugar to serve.
Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes
- avocado oil spray
- powdered sugar to garnish
Mixed Berry Compote
- 1 cup mixed berries, frozen or fresh
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar sub granulated sugar
Dutch Baby Pancakes
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup dairy-free milk, sub milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour sub wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place the muffin pan in the oven while it is preheating.
- In a small pan, add the berry compote ingredients over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and then reduce to low. Stir regularly.
- Add all dutch baby pancake ingredients to a bowl and whisk thoroughly. A blender can also be used.
- When the oven has heated up, remove the pan from the oven and spray with avocado oil, ensuring the sides are covered. Pour the batter into the molds.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Top with berry compote and powdered sugar.
One of the best things about dutch baby pancakes is the way you can mix in so many add-ins for a unique dish! Which would you prefer: sweet or savory?
24 thoughts on “Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes”
My god these look gorgeous. I’ve never heard of dutch pancakes before – ‘adult’ ones or baby ones at that!
These mini pancakes look yummy for afternoon tea and even breakfast. I will try this recipe if I have free time. Thank you for sharing.
This looks so yummy and I would love to try it—something like this we like to make at home.
I love the look of these and can’t wait to try!
These look so tasty! my little boy would love them
OMG, what a great idea! My kids will love you for these cute little pancakes recipe, thanks!
These are so perfect for a brunch when you’re hosting. Super cute and fun!
These mini dutch baby pancakes are adorable! They were easy to make and came out so delicious!
these are the cutest Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes ever! they taste amazing too! would recommend
My kids friends all went crazy when they saw your lovely pancakes. I have never made this kind of pancakes, thanks!
These are so cute and delish
These are super cute and they taste amazing! Will make again soon.
These baby pancakes are absolutely incredible! Love how easy they are to make!
These are adorably delicious looking treats. I can’t wait to make them!
Never knew about this dish. I will give it a try on a day I’m in the mood to enter my kitchen, LOL. This looks like something I’ll enjoy making with my friends.
Oooohhh these look so yummy! What a great recipe!
I had little pancakes like this in Amsterdam recently. Love the idea of compote as well.
I always enjoy coming to your page because your recipes are just fantastic. This mini Dutch baby is just out of this world. Love them .
Thank you for another great recipe.
My kids loved these!
Thank you so much for this delicious recipe!
I love the look of these and how quickly they would be made on a Saturday morning.
These look so good!!
Those look so yummy and so cute as well! Perfect with some butter and a nice hot coffee on a rainy Sunday :). Thanks for sharing!
These pancakes looks amazingly delicious. I can’t wait preparing this for the family!