Slow Cooker Ultimate Baked Potato Bar allows for a unique DIY dinner experience and takes hands-off cooking to the next level! The greatness of slow cookers should not be ignored – you will have perfectly baked potatoes ready when you walk in the door. Gather fun and tasty toppings for each person to create their own baked potato masterpiece, and voila! Dinner is served.
This recipe is Week 3 of our new “What’s For Dinner?” meal series, consisting of 10 weeks of delicious and fun meals for busy weeknights. Check back each week for inspiration to help you decide what’s for dinner!
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
Make it a Meal!
- Raspberry White Wine Spritzer – Refreshingly sweet to cool your mouth after some hot potatoes.
- Homemade Lemonade – A classic that should always be at your dinner table
- Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip– Try this ON your potato for an epic combo!
- Cornbread Without Cornmeal – A light bread to go with your hearty meal
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – After a filling meal these cookies satisfy your “something sweet” cravings
- White Chocolate Party Chex Mix – A few bites of this is all you need to round out your meal
How to: Make Slow Cooker Ultimate Baked Potato Bar
Who knew baked potatoes in the slow cooker could be so easy??
You need about 5 minutes of prep and a few hours of cook time for steamy baked-to-perfection potatoes.
As usual before baking a whole potato, you should pierce each potato multiple times with a fork. This allows hot air to escape and prevents any potato explosions.
Drizzle with olive oil and rub in with your hands until the entire potato is covered. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper for a little flavor.
Wrap each potato in foil and place in the slow cooker. Cook until soft, about 4 hours on high and 8 hours on low. When done, carefully remove from the slow cooker with tongs and let cool until you can touch them.
Here comes the fun part!
Create your ultimate baked potato bar with an assortment of toppings to make your potatoes shine! I’m talking about everything from sour cream and chives to bbq, salsa, jalapenos and more.
The possibilities are endless – I like to think, if it would work on nachos then it’ll work on the baked potato bar! Enjoy and have some fun!
Slow Cooker Ultimate Baked Potato Bar
- 4-6 medium sized russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp oilive oil
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- shredded cheese
- bacon bits
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- shredded meat
- BBQ sauce
- crispy onions
- Pierce each potato multiple times with a fork and rub with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and wrap in foil. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8 hours, until soft.
- Carefully remove from the slow cooker and allow the potatoes to cool until you can easily unwrap the foil. Split each potato and serve with an assortment of toppings.
What are some of your favorite dishes to make in a slow cooker? I love finding new and exciting recipes to try in it!