Homemade Whole Fruit Popsicles are irresistible frozen treats to be enjoyed all summer long. Filled with fresh fruit pieces and natural fruit juice or water, there are no hidden syrups or sugars to worry about. Spend a carefree afternoon soaking up the sun with a Whole Fruit Popsicle in hand!
Check back all month long for more cool summer treats in our “Fun in the Sun” series!
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
Make it a Meal!
Let’s forget the meal, this post is all about staying cool! Enjoy any of these refreshing drinks and sweets to help beat the heat!
Drinks & Dessert
- Easy Homemade Lemonade – The ultimate summer drink!
- Very Berry No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream – We all scream for ice cream, always
- Sparkling Pink Raspberry Punch – Pink punch for a riveting refreshment
- Mango Coconut Ice Cream Bars – These ice cream bars speak for themselves
How To: Make Homemade Whole Fruit Popsicles
These whole fruit popsicles are as easy as 1-2-3!
As a kid, we’d fill up our popsicle molds with sodas and other sugary juice from the fridge. While these fruit popsicles require an extra step or two, it is SO worth it and healthier by-far.
Prepare the fruit by chopping it up into small, bite-sized pieces. The fruit should easily fit in the popsicle molds without being smushed,
Pack the molds with your mixed fruit until they are about 80% full. Fill in any large gaps with blueberries or other small pieces of fruit.
Pour apple juice, water, or your juice of choice into each mold. Make sure to leave about a half of an inch at the top to prevent spilling.
If your mold requires popsicle sticks, insert them now. Be sure not to push in the sticks too far so they are easy to hold onto.
Freeze until solid, at least 2-3 hours. If the popsicles won’t budge when you’re ready to eat them, place the mold in a warm water bath for 15-30 minutes until they can wiggle free. Be careful not to pull the sticks out!
Enjoy your popsicles right away or store them in the freezer until you’re ready to eat them.
Homemade Whole Fruit Popsicles
- 2 kiwis sliced
- 1 cup canteloupe chopped small
- 1 cup strawberries halved or quartered
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups organic fruit juice or water
- Chop the fruit into small, bite-sized pieces that will easily fit in your popsicle mold.
- Fill the wells with fruit pieces, alternating as you go. Add as much fruit as you can into each well, using blueberries and small pieces of cantaloupe to fill in any gaps.
- Finish with apple juice or water but be careful not to overfill. Leave about ¼ of an inch at the top. If your mold requires popsicle sticks, insert them now with at least an inch sticking up from the top.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours or until solid. To carefully remove the popsicles, place the entire mold in warm water for 15-30 minutes. Enjoy right away or store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What are some of your family’s favorite homemade popsicles? Fresh fruit makes all the difference!