Baked Chipotle Lime Chicken combines the smokiness of chipotle peppers with the tanginess of lime juice. Slice and enjoy the tender, juicy chicken on a summer salad or serve alongside your favorite Tex-Mex sides.
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
Any recipe with a southwestern flare has my name written all over it!
Throw in some avocado slices and I am one happy girl!
To make Baked Chipotle Lime Chicken you will need a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I do not regularly use this ingredient and am always uncertain of what to do with my remaining can.
Do not fret, because this post from Bon Appetit has compiled 8 amazing recipes to utilize those peppers and not have any waste.
Now let’s get cooking!
How to: Make Baked Chipotle Lime Chicken
This recipe is so easy to make for a quick weeknight meal and involves SO little prep! All you need is a chipotle lime marinade
Start by combining olive oil, lime juice, red pepper flakes, honey, and chipotle peppers. We will only use half of this sauce as a marinade and will reserve the other half for later.
Pour half of the sauce over the chicken breasts and marinate in the fridge for 1-3 hours.
Remove the chicken from the fridge and allow to come up to room temperature while the oven is preheating. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Place the chicken breasts in a cast iron skillet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. You do not need to worry about flipping the chicken.
Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes undisturbed. Cover with the remaining sauce and lime wedges and serve!
Baked Chipotle Lime Chicken
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice (juice of 2 limes)
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3-4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
- 4 chicken breasts
- lime wedges to garnish
- Prepare the chipotle lime sauce by combining olive oil, lime juice, red pepper flakes, honey, and chipotle peppers.
- Coat the chicken breasts with half of the sauce and reserve the rest. Allow the chicken to marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the chicken breasts in a cast iron skillet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from the oven and cover with the remaining sauce. Garnish with lime wedges and serve with your favorite salsas.
What sides would you serve with Baked Chipotle Lime Chicken? Share in the comments below!