Snacks are a girl’s best friend, am I right? Chicken doused in buffalo sauce and ranch reigns supreme as the greatest appetizer of all time in my mind. Fiesta Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Dip is my creative twist on a classic dish that elevates the flavor and leaves you licking your fingers!
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
Buffalo Chicken appetizers = love
Buffalo chicken dip is a staple gameday food and that status is well-deserved. Whenever it’s present at a party I graze on it relentlessly. So good.
You can always find me with a chip in hand, nibbling on a full plate, or standing by the cheese platters. I love me some appetizers.
I also have a very special place in my heart for all things Mexican food, from savory street corn salsa to a lighter blueberry salsa. So why not combine these two culinary loves into a dish that can best be described as buffalo chicken infused with a little fiesta!
How to: Prep the ingredients
One of my favorite things about this recipe (besides its deliciousness), is how little prep is involved.
It’s like a dump cake but for buffalo chicken dip! It could not be easier to grab your ingredients, pour in the pan, and go.
The only prep required is dicing the poblano pepper and shredding the cheese if needed. That’s all!
Now that you have your ingredients let’s get started.
How to: make buffalo chicken enchilada dip
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Start by sauteing a diced poblano in a cast iron pan over medium heat. Poblanos can have tough skins so it’s important for it to soften a little.
Mix in corn and diced green chilies and cook for about 10 minutes. The corn and green chilies have been sitting in lots of liquid in their cans and that needs to cook off.
Mix in the heaping pile of shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, hot sauce, and dressing.
Add the cream cheese and shredded cheese and stir until mixed thoroughly.
Top with extra shredded cheese for even more gooey goodness!
Transfer the pan to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Top with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot with tortilla chips!
Fiesta Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 poblano diced
- 15 oz corn
- 8 oz diced green chilies
- 4 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 10 oz green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese more to top
- cilantro to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour olive oil into a cast iron skillet and heat over medium. Add the poblano and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and dried chilies to the pan and continue cooking about 10 minutes until most of the liquid is cooked out.
- Mix in the shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, hot sauce, and dressing. Stir in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese until softened and mixed thoroughly. Top with extra cheese if desired.
- Transfer the pan into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Top with cilantro and enjoy!
What are your favorite game day snacks or appetizers to enjoy during a sports game? Share in the comments below!