Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowls is the kind of dinner that I’ll never say “no” to. A classic chicken burrito bowl filled with southwestern flavors and vegetables is made even easier with juicy rotisserie chicken.
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
This recipe is Week 6 of our new “What’s For Dinner?” meal series, consisting of 10 weeks of delicious and fun meals for busy weeknights. Check back each week for inspiration to help you decide what’s for dinner!
Make it a Meal!
These shredded chicken burrito bowls are hearty enough to keep you full, but can be personalized even more when served alongside these divine dishes!
- Sour Apple Shooters – The tartness of a marg without the tequila, these sour apple shooters are a fantastic replacement
- Mexican Sauteed Veggies – Need more veggies in your life? Say no more
- Perfect Instant Pot Rice – you can’t have burrito bowls without a little rice!
- Strawberry Dessert Nachos – Keep up the southwestern vibes with cinnamon chips topped with fruit and a dreamy chocolate drizzle
- Peppermint Double Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – I will always crave peppermint about Mexican food, and these chicken burrito bowls are no different!
How to: Make Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowls
These shredded chicken burrito bowls are the best kind of cooking. It’s so lowkey and easy to make, and we have it at least once a week!
In a small pot, heat the rice and add lime juice and some cilantro. Stir and set aside over low heat.
Drain the black beans and corn well. Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat. Mix the rotisserie chicken, black beans, corn, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Heat for roughly 10 minutes until warm, stirring regularly.
Place a scoop of rice into each bowl. Top with the chicken and vegetable mixture and various toppings. My favorites are avocado and pico de gallo.
Garnish with remaining cilantro and serve with chips and salsa. Enjoy!
Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 1 cup rice
- 2-3 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 13.5oz can of black beans
- 1 13.5oz can of corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1-2 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado sliced thin
- ¼ cup pico de gallo
- Over low heat, warm the rice and toss in half of the cilantro and lime juice. Stir well and set side.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat. Add rotisserie chicken, black beans, corn, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper to the pan. Mix until combined and cook until heated through, about 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon rice into each bowl. Add the chicken and vegetable mixture and then top with avocado and pico de gallo as desired. Garnish with the rest of the cilantro and serve with chips.
You can never go wrong with Chipotle inspired meals. What are some of your favorite restaurant copycat meals to make at home?