Whole Wheat Korean Vegetable Pancakes are irresistible savory patties filled with an assortment of fresh veggies and pan-fried to perfection. Serve with scallions, sesame seeds, and a spicy dipping sauce for the ultimate global inspired dish! A few nutritious swaps take these Korean pancakes to the next level of deliciousness.
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
Make it a Meal!
What I love about Korean vegetable pancakes are they can be an appetizer, a side, or a whole meal! Pair it with some of these finds for a true feast
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon and Vegetables – A satisfying sheet pan meal that will complement beautifully
- Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs – Pro tip: crumble up meatballs INTO the pancakes!!
- Perfect Instant Pot Rice – You cannot go wrong with a side of rice
- Green Bean and Mushroom Saute – More veggies please!
How To: Make Whole Wheat Korean Vegetable Pancakes
The first time I had a Korean pancake I was so intrigued. Savory pancakes?? Filled with veggies??
I was pleasantly surprised when I was served a pancake the size of my face! It was mouth-wateringly delicious and made me wish I hadn’t waited so long to try this.
Flash forward to now, and I find myself with tons of leftover veggies in my fridge looking for creative ways to utilize them.
Enter, whole wheat korean vegetable pancakes! My take on a classic Korean dish with a few healthy swaps.
If the swaps aren’t your thing, feel free to use white flour or butter.
- Step 1: Prep the dipping sauce by combining the coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, sesame seeds, and pepper flakes. Set aside or refrigerate.
- Step 2: To a large bowl, add julienned green onions, carrots, onions, sweet potatoes, and jalapenos. Thinner is better!
- Step 3: Next stir in whole wheat flour, water, and salt and pepper. Mix until combined. The mixture should be a wet consistency, so add 2 tbsp more of water if needed.
- Step 4: Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour in avocado oil, adding more if needed to cover the entire pan.
- Step 5: Scoop out roughly ½ cup portions of the mixture and add to the pan. Press flat with your cooking utensil.
- Step 6: Cook each pancake until brown and flip to the other side. Cook until that side browns and transfer to a plate. Top with sesame seeds and enjoy with the sauce!
Whole Wheat Korean Vegetable Pancakes
- 3 cups mixed carrots, onions, sweet potatoes, jalapenos, green onions cut thin
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour sub all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp avocado oil sub cooking oil or butter
- sesame seeds to garnish
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos sub soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- To make the sauce, add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Place all pancake ingredients except for the avocado oil in a large mixing bowl and stir until combined. If the mixture is dry, add more water 2 tbsp at a time until it’s a wet consistency.
- Heat avocado oil in a nonstick skillet over medium. Scoop out portions into the skillet and gently flatten.
- Cook until brown and flip. Continue cooking until that side browns and transfer to a plate.
- Top with sesame seeds and enjoy warm with the dipping sauce.
Have you ever had a savory pancake? They quickly made it to my top 5 favorite foods!
25 thoughts on “Whole Wheat Korean Vegetable Pancakes”
This sounds perfect for me as I love veggies; I think trying these out with that dipping sauce you included too is wonderful!
These Korean vegetable pancakes look so good! x
Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk
Ooh, these look really good! I love veggie pancakes so I’ll have to try this out x
This is such a tasty way to get in some extra veggies! My kiddos thought they were pretty cool too so mega win.
Wonderfully tasty and savory. Easy to make and so delicious, my family loved them.
Daebak! I love pajeon! Thank you for sharing this matshida recipe!
Perfect for a light meal.
These look so delicious! What a lovely easy to make recipe. 🤗
Pastor Natalie (Examine This Moment)
Sounds like a great quick snack
These are so pretty and packed with veggies. Would make a great easy lunch when working from home 🙂
These sound delicious! A great way of pack veggies into a meal. I’ve added them to my list of recipes to try, thank you for sharing.
These definitely would be something I would give a go as I love vegetables. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
OMG now I’m so hungry and craving this but also know that I don’t have the skills to make it. Goes to get takeout lol
Oh my goodness those look amazing and super healthy!! I love that they’re whole wheat too I try to only eat whole grains these days and yet this recipe looks like it doesn’t sacrifice any of the favor :D. yum! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Tasty and delicious Korean veggie pancake. Easy to make and taste like restaurants
Yum! I really love Korean flavours and these pancakes were delicious
Very tasty and very easy to make. I love using fresh veggies in all of my dishes.
This recipe is perfect for using all the veggies I have in the fridge, it’s super easy to prepare and tastes delicious. Using the dipping sauce for other recipes as well.
perfect recipe to eat my veggies. this really hit the spot and the sauce was amazing !!
These are an absolute dream! They have the perfect crisp texture!
These look beautiful and a MUST try! I’ve never made anything like this before, but I’m sure we can figure it out.
Oh, how delicious do these look! Thank you for the recipe which has been added to my ‘to try’ list xxx
This is a great recipe, I’m in love with it. I’d definitely make it a meal. Thank you for sharing!
A savory pancake sounds delightful. I’m going to have to try this! Thank you for the recipe.
I love Korean pancakes! But I’ve never actually made them myself. But it doesn’t seem that difficult!