Garlic Parmesan Green Bean and Mushroom Saute is not your momma’s green beans! This savory side will surprise you with its intricate flavor and depth. Lemon, fresh parmesan, and garlic transform these veggies into a dish that you’ll return to time and time again.
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
Make it a Meal!
Whether it’s a dinner party or holiday meal, this Garlic Parmesan Green Bean and Mushroom Saute will certainly shine and complement the below dishes and more.
- Sweet Potato Thai Curry Bowls – Fun fact, these green beans were inspired by a dish I had alongside curry that blew me away
- Slow Cooker Ultimate Baked Potato Bar – Potatoes and green beans were meant for each other!
- Southern Garlic Cheese Grits Bowl – It’s a shame to not incorporate green beans in this southern meal
- Thai Turkey Meatballs with a Sweet Chili Sauce – Server up these meatballs with rice and green beans for a satisfying meal
- Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies – Garlic and ginger in ANY form always taste beautifully in succession
- Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake – Let the flavor train roll with cranberries, oranges, and more
- Fresh Peach and Oat Crumble – After a full meal, this light peach crumble is the perfect finisher
How To: Make Garlic Parmesan Green Bean and Mushroom Saute
This savory veggie side dish will shine on your dinner table! Be prepared to wow your guests and feel free to double the recipe if needed. Who knew green beans could taste this good??
First, steam the green beans until they are soft. Add the green beans and a few tablespoons of water to a large skillet over medium heat. Bring the temperature of the water up to almost boiling and reduce the heat.
Cover the pan and allow the beans to simmer for 15-20 minutes – the longer the better. Drain the water and get ready to saute.
Add olive oil and seasoning to the pan. Stir until the green beans are coated and bring the heat back up to medium. Again, longer is better here for an unbelievable texture. I try to let the green beans saute for at least 20 minutes depending on time.
When the green beans are to your liking, stir in the mushrooms and heat until they are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Next up is the garlic. To ensure the garlic cooks through and is not raw, clear a space in the middle of the pan to add the garlic. Once fragrant, stir and combine with the rest of the ingredients.
Add a splash of lemon juice to the pan and stir. Garnish with fresh parmesan and enjoy warm.
Garlic Parmesan Green Bean and Mushroom Saute
- 16 oz green beans trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp salt and pepper
- ½ tbsp paprike
- ½ tbsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 6 oz mushrooms sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh parmesan
- Place the green beans in a large skillet and add water until the bottom of the pan is covered. Turn the heat to medium and let the water come to a lower boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the green beans are tender.
- Drain the water and return the heat to medium. Add olive oil to the pan and season with salt, pepper, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Stir and let cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes and stir. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add a splash of lemon juice and stir until combined.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve warm. Enjoy!
It is hard to beat a saute of farm fresh vegetables! What are some of your favorite combos? I’m also a sucker for fresh asparagus and mushrooms
39 thoughts on “Garlic Parmesan Green Bean and Mushroom Saute”
Looking tasty and easy thanks for sharing
Very healthy dish and great recipe Garlic is my favourite herb, Vegetable. Makes food so much better when garlic is added. Will have to try this recipe.
perfect side dish to accompany any meal. I love green beans!!
YUMMMY!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Yumm this was the perfect side dish for dinner yesterday!
I’m not usually a mushroom kinda gal but this has got my mouth salivating! This looks absolutely delicious. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us, I’ll for sure be giving it a go myself. I love myself anything with parmesan. Xo
Elle – ellegracedeveson.com
YUM! This looks amazing. Can’t wait to try this. Thanks for posting!
This is exactly the type of dish that I love — I’ll be giving it a try!
Yummy! I need to try this!
Easy and delicious…this is going to be a go-to side for our family!
This recipe combines several of my favourite foods, so I’ll definitely give this a try!
Wow this looks so tasty! I don’t like mushrooms that much, but this recipe looks amazing, I’d like to try it x
Looks so yummy
Yum!!! I love lemon & Parmesan cheese! This looks delicious and I’m going to have to try this recipe out. Thanks so much for sharing!
easy and tasty stir fry – my wife made this and I’m already craving more
I made this with Violige Parmesan, and it came out absolutely fantastic! The beans are such a delight and pair well with the rest of the ingredients used in this recipe.
This recipe is so perfect! Loaded with flavor and super easy, the whole family is a fan!
This looks yummy recipe. We tried something similar but would love to give this a try. thank you for sharing <3
Kalin this Mushroom Sauté looks absolutely fabulous 👌
I love sautéed green beans. I’m excited to try this version!
This was easy to prepare, it’s healthy and tastes great! We enjoyed it for dinner, thanks!
Love sauteed veggies! It’s a perfect side dish.
I love green beans and mushrooms together! The Italian flavor profile is perfect with this combo.
Delicious side dish and a great way to add veggies to a meal as well as flavour – thank you!
This is a wonderful and healthy side for family meals.
lots of garlic for me, it really added flavor and mushroom and beans are great combo.
great side dish and i love the flavours.- simple and delicious
This recipe has such a delicious flavor! I made it for a dinner party and everyone was asking for the recipe!
Carlic and cheese are a great combination. Thanks for sharing!
I would love to try this recipe one day! I would appreciate it if you would check my blog out! https://mygemzoflife.wordpress.com/2022/05/09/recent-k-dramas-that-i-think-are-worth-the-watch/
I love simple sides as this one Kalin!
Green beans, mushrooms, garlic, Parmigiano.. I mean what could go wrong here 🙂
Such a tasty vegetable dish, and healthy too!
This dish must be gorgeous, it has all my favourite ingredients in and I’m not put off by the recipe.
this looks amazing
This was so delicious and super easy to make!
Parmesan and green beans are a great combination. Easy to prepare.
Loved this recipe! Thank you, we really enjoyed it
I really love the flavour combination of mushrooms and parmesan and this simple side dish tastes so good!