Sweet Potato Thai Curry Bowls are bursting with immense flavor that will have everyone returning for seconds. Ready in under 30 minutes, this easy skillet dinner is a balanced meat-free meal that tastes like it’s been simmering all day.
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
This recipe is Week 11 of our new “What’s For Dinner?” meal series, consisting of weeks of delicious and fun meals for busy weeknights. Check back each week for inspiration to help you decide what’s for dinner!
Make it a Meal!
Sweet Potato Thai Curry Bowls will shine as the centerpiece of your meal, but don’t miss out on a few sides and desserts!
- Pomegranate Basmati Rice – Rice with curry is a MUST!
- Sriracha Grilled Veggie Kabobs – All the nutritious veggies without any sacrifice on flavor
- Perfect Instant Pot Rice – Traditional white rice to soak up that luscious curry
- Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli – Easy veggies for a side that complements flawlessly
- Almond Apricot Thumbprint Cookies – Simple yet delicious
- Mango Coconut Ice Cream Bars – The closest I’ll get to homemade mango lassi!
- Mixed Berry Cast Iron Cobbler – Nothing beats a warm dessert straight out of the oven
- Samoas Caramel Popcorn – Light and sweet with a lot of crunch
How To: Make Sweet Potato Thai Curry Bowls
A delicious and filling meal like this does not need to take all day to prepare – only 30-40 minutes in fact!
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and ginger in olive oil until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Next, add curry paste, broth, and coconut milk. Stir well until fully combined before adding anything else to the pan.
Once mixed, add chickpeas, sweet potatoes, and salt and pepper. Raise the heat and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat.
Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft and can easily be pierced with a fork.
Serve warm with yogurt and fresh cilantro.
Sweet Potato Thai Curry Bowls
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp ginger minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- ½ cup broth (or water)
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1 13.5 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 2 sweet potatoes cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and ginger in olive oil until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in curry paste, broth, and coconut milk and stir until combined.
- Add chickpeas, sweet potatoes, and a dash of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer, cooking 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Serve with yogurt and fresh cilantro and enjoy!
Incorporating more meat-free meals into your routine can be so simple and doesn’t require any sacrifice on taste. What are some of your favorite veggie meals to make for dinner?